Your privacy is critically important to us.
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
Helena Dvorakova, Sobinska 682/3, Prague
It is my policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website and our services.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
Among the types of Personal Data that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: email address, cookies, usage data, first name, last name, country.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the user, or in case of usage data, collected automatically when using this website.
Unless specified otherwise, all data requested by this website is mandatory and failure to provide this data may make it impossible for this website or Behind the Next Corner newsletter to provide its services. In cases where this website specifically states that some data is not mandatory, users are free not to communicate this data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the service.
Like most website operators, Behind the Next Corner collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the usage data, browser Behind the Next Corner ’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Behind the Next Corner ’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Behind the Next Corner may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
I Behind the Next Corner also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://behindthenextcorner.com blog posts. Behind the Next Corner only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
GATHERING OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Certain visitors to behindthenextcorner.com choose to interact with Behind the Next Corner in ways that require Behind the Next Corner to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Behind the Next Corner gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask subscribers who sign up for Behind the next corner newsletter to provide first name, last name, country and email address.
Users are responsible for any third-party personal data obtained, published or shared through this website and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the data to the owner.
MODE AND PLACE OF PROCESSING THE DATA
METHODS OF PROCESSING
The data processing
is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the owner, in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this website or Behind the Next Corner newsletter (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as data processors by the owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the owner at any time.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
The owner may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislation the owner may be allowed to process personal data until the user objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of personal data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the owner or by a third party.
In any case, the owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the user’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the user’s data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred data, users can check the section containing details about the processing of personal data.
If broader protection standards are applicable, users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the owner to safeguard their data.
If any such transfer takes place, users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the owner.
Personal data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the owner and the user shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal data collected for the purposes of the owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the owner.
The owner may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the owner may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
THE PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
The data concerning
the user is collected to allow the owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: user database management, analytics, traffic optimization and distribution, displaying content from external platforms, handling payments, contacting them and hosting and backend infrastructure.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific personal data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
PERSONAL DATA FOR SELLING GOODS AND SERVICES ONLINE
The personal data collected are used to provide the user with services or to sell goods, including payment and possible delivery. The personal data collected to complete the payment may include the credit card, the bank account used for the transfer, or any other means of payment envisaged. The kind of data collected by this website depends on the payment system used.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
ANALYTICS: GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
MAILING LIST OR NEWSLETTER (THIS WEBSITE): MAILCHIMP.COM
Personal data collected: country; email address; first name; last name.
HOSTING AND BACKEND INFRASTRUCTURE: CeskyHosting.cz
CeskyHosting.cz is a hosting service provided by THINline s.r.o.
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by the owner.
Users entitled to broader protection standards may exercise any of the rights described below. In all other cases, users may inquire with the owner to find out which rights apply to them.
In particular, users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by the owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, the owner will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from the owner.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the user’s consent, on a contract which the user is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
DETAILS ABOUT THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING
Where personal data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the owner, users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their personal data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the owner is processing personal data for direct marketing purposes, users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
“DO NOT TRACK” REQUESTS
This Website does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
BEHINDTHENEXTCORNER.COM USES GOOGLE ADWORDS & FACEBOOK FOR REMARKETING
You can set preferences for how Google & Facebook advertises to you using the Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
PROTECTION OF CERTAIN PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
In Behind the Next Corner discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Behind the Next Corner’s behalf or to provide services available at Behind the Next Corner’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Behind the Next Corner’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Behind the Next Corner will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Behind the Next Corner discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Behind the next corner believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Behind the next corner, third parties or the public at large.
If you ar e a registered user of https://behindthenextcorner.com and have supplied your email address, I Behind the Next Corner may send you an email to fulfill ordered services, to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Behind the Next Corner and our products.
If you send us a request (for example via a support email), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Behind the Next Corner takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Behind the Next Corner may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Behind the Next Corner may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Behind the next corner does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Behind the next corner uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your
preferences on your computer.
If Behind the next corner, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Ins Behind the next corner goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Behind the next corner may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.